Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Want a Black Iron Burger

This review is late, late, late. That's a shame, because the burger was great, great, great. With a score of 78.5, Black Iron Grill is makes a burger that you want to eat, and I want to eat another. A nice variety of craft beers are available - we were each recommended a different beer, and no one strayed for the course of the meal. The place was smallish and could surely get crowded, but our food arrived quickly and disappeared quickly.

The burger is a flat patty, unlike the aritsanal burgers you see in so many "good" burger joints. The patty is very tasty, and served as ordered, medium rare is medium rare and I like that. The bun, although a good brioche, seemed a little large, the double burger looked perfect. After I downed my burger, I was left wanting more. Maybe that's because it was just so good, but again, the double burger looks like the order to order.

The fry count was a little too responsible for my taste, I wanted more. Again, that could simply be because they are just very good, crispy and very well seasoned. Two types of mustards and seemingly uncountable ketchup bottles lined the walls. This was the first outting in which we each had our own ketchup bottle (we could have each had thirty).

Overall I was very satisfied. I would gladly reccomend Black Iron Burger. Get the double bacon burger. That may make me a glutton, but you're reading about cheeseburgers on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment