Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sheep Station in Park Slope Brooklyn

This place is awesome. I've been here before but this is the first time I ordered the burger. Normally I just order many many beers and eat a Poutine. Poutine, for those who are woefully ignorant of the best barfood in the world, is made from twice fried french fries, cheese curds, and gravy. OK I know it sounds fucked up, but I assure you that after you eat it at 3 in the morning after drinking for 12 hours, you will tell me that I'm totally right and should probably get a medal for telling you about it. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

The staff at this place know their beer very well and maintain their equipment and kegs flawlessly. The result is that all bears taste crisp, fresh and delicious. A welcome change from the norm. They have several kinds of strong Canadian beer that I really like to have the option of ordering. It was really funny to convince Shiva to order the beer float made from Terrible (a 10.5% dark belgian style beer). He hated it and it was funny to see his face cringe when he took sips of the beverage. I ordered the float a week earlier and really liked it after mixing the ice cream in well.

The Burger was really great. They put a fried egg on it which is a little unusual, but it totally worked. The burger itself was delicious and cooked exactly medium, as I requested.

The really great thing about this place was that I live 5 blocks away and I could go home and lay down immediately after we finished.

Overall Score: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment